“There are people who put their lives in harm’s way every day. It’s not something they DO, it’s something they ARE.” – Unknown
As a proud police wife I know this truth first hand. It is a life that, unless you are a part of it, not many can truly understand. The blue family is a family like none other, in good times and in bad.
This year National Police Week is observed from May11-16 with events taking place across the country, the largest observance being in Washington D.C. It is in Washington D.C. that the Law Enforcement Memorial Service, which honors the lives of those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty, takes place. To date, 2014 has seen 36 line of duty deaths across 20 states and territories. There have also been an additional 6 K-9 officer line of duty deaths, to include the City of Pittsburgh’s own K-9 Rocco.
As a way of giving something back to my blue family, I would like to give away a session to a deserving law enforcement family. The winner will receive a one hour session (does not apply to weddings or newborns) and 10 digital images.
E-mail a photo of your family to:
The officer’s name, department and your contact information (this will not be made public, for verification purposes only)
Midnight on Sunday, May 4, 2014.
- One entry per family, any photo will do. Photos will be put in a Facebook album for voting.
- All entrants MUST ‘Like’ Heather Krah Photography’s Facebook Page
- Photo with the most ‘Like’s’ will WIN (comments do not count as votes, but we still love them)
- Votes do not count unless they they also ‘Like’ Heather Krah Photography on Facebook
- Only the family’s last name will be listed
- Session must take place within 25 miles of 15146 zip code.
- Contest goes live May 6th and voting will end May 11th at Midnight
- Winner will be announced the first day of Police Week!